Monday, 17 April 2017

Oh So Hygge Macrame Workshop

A few weeks ago I went along to a Macrame workshop run by Oh So Hygge at Bakery 47 in the Southside of Glasgow.  I have know Kirsty from Oh So Hygge for a number of years and have always know her to be very talented and creative. I had never tried Macrame before so when Kirsty invited me along to one of her workshops I thought I would give it a try.

I will be honest, I thought I would be terrible at it and never thought for one minute that I could make a macrame plant hanger. I'm one of these people that no matter how many times you will show me something, I just don't get it but after a couple of attempts and a lot of help and patience from Kirsty I managed it and I was surprised how relaxing I found macrame.

There are a number of different knots you can do to create various designs but I kept it simple using the square knot and alternating square knot to create my plant hanger.  You can see in the picture below my plant hanger beginning to take shape.

 
We stopped half way through the workshop for a cup of tea and tucked into these delicious cakes baked by Bakery 47 which included carrot cake, chocolate brownies and macrons. We even got to take home the left overs. Yummy.
Two hours later my plant hanger was finished. I don't think I have ever been so proud lol. 

Oh So Hygge have two more workshops coming up and still has a few tickets available, there is a workshop on Saturday the 22nd of April in Inverness, tickets can be purchased here and one on Sunday the 7th May in Edinburgh, tickets can be purchased here. 

Due to high demand the above classes will be the last for now as Oh So Hygge is in high demand and busy working on orders from the online shop. You can see a few examples of Oh So Hygge's creations below.
 

 
You can also catch Oh So Hygge at Tea Green Artisan markety at Kibble Palace at Glasgow Botanic Gardens on the 4th June from 10am - 5pm. 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment