Friday, 24 February 2017

Beauty: BareMinerals GEN NUDE Range


I feel like bareMinerals have just launched my ideal lip range - GEN NUDE. GEN NUDE comes in 4 state of the art formulas in 40 bespoke shades ranging from beige, pink, peach and mauve shades. The 4 different formulas are the radiant lipstick, buttercream lipgloss, matte liquid lipcolor and under over lip liner.

The radiant lipstick comes in 15 shades, providing medium coverage with a moisturising creamy texture. The buttercream lipgloss comes in 10 shades and this non sticky formula gives a  sheer to medium coverage while providing moisture, leaving lips looking plump. The matte liquid lipcolor also comes in 10 shades and provides long lasting, full coverage while moisturising the lips. Last but not least is the under over lip liner in 5 shades which is designed to be used under or over your lip product.  This creamy formula provides a velvety finish.

I was invited along to the GEN NUDE Taxi recently for a bespoke appointment to be colour matched for the new range and these were shades that were chosen for me.


I absolutely love the shades, they are just what I would go for as the colours are so wearable and complement my pale complexion. Each product gives a different finish.

The matte liquid lipcolour was my favourite, unlike some matte lip products I have tried this doesn't make my lips look dry and cracked. The creamy texture glides on leaving my lips feeling and looking moisturised, the formula then dried on lips leaving a really nice matte coverage.

The buttercream lipgloss gives somewhere in between the finish of a lipstick and a hit of lip gloss. It's much less sticky than most glosses and I avoided my hair sticking to my lipgloss when a gust wind came along. That's a big plus in my book. It made my lips look very plump and moisturised with a nice shine and it's super easy to apply.

The radiant lipstick just glided on and looked very natural but I was able to build up if I needed more colour. The texture was so creamy and mositurising on my lips.

 Prices range from £14 to £18 and you can check out the full collection here.

*These items were given to me as a PR sample but these are my own views. 

1 comment: