Wednesday, 4 January 2017

Lifestyle: New Year Fitness Goals with St Enoch

I have to admit, throughout most of December I barely stepped foot in the gym, my main excuse being the weather. I find it so hard to drag myself out of bed for an early morning Metafit class or leave my cosy sofa for an evening Pilates class when it's cold and dark outside.

Like most people over the festive period, I have eaten my weight in chocolate and cheese and drank far too much but now we are into a New Year it's time to start getting back into an exercise routine and eating healthy.  I was delighted when St Enoch got in touch and challenged me to find the ultimate workout outfit/accessory. I thought this would be the perfect motivation to get me back to the gym and set some New Year goals so here they are:

Go to gym at least three times a week
I aimed to do this last year but if I'm honest, there were very few times I made it to the gym three times in one week. This year, I aim to be strict with myself and for me, new gym clothes are the perfect motivation. JD Sports have a great range and this is where I picked up this grey Adidas top so I can look stylish while sweating away in metafit. I also spotted this Adidas zip top which will keep me warm when walking to and from the gym so no more excuses about the cold mornings/nights.



Drink more water
I do opt for water over fizzy drinks and fruit juices but I don't think I drink enough of it on a daily basis so I bought myself this funky water bottle from H&M to keep me hydrated though out the day. I figured I would drink more if I had a large bottle in front of me. It's practical and very instagramable - what more could a girl want. 

Improve my running
I've never been much of a runner but I would love to be able to run for a decent amount of time and maybe even attempt to run a 10k. I don't think I push myself hard enough so this year I'm going to be to do just that with the help of these Nike running shoes from JD Sports.


Move Around More
Having a desk job means I don't move around as much as I would like but I'm going to make a point of going out for lunch time walks and taking the four flights of stairs up to my office everyday. My new Fitbit Flex from Debenhams (on sale for £55 in store) will motivate me to do this, especially when I see how many steps I have taken and how many calories I have worked off every day. I have set a goal of 12,000 steps and so far I have reached this so I might up it  ever so slightly and beat it everyday.

Get 8 Hours Sleep Every Night
I have a terrible habit of falling asleep on the sofa in the evening while watching tv. I then wake up around 11pm to get myself ready for bed and find myself wide awake when I'm actually in bed. Some mornings it can be a real struggle to get out of bed which is why I'm determined to improve my sleeping pattern by going to bed when I feel tired instead of napping on the sofa. Another use my Fitbit Flex as it tracks my sleeping pattern telling me how long I have slept for, when I'm restless and when I've woken up from my sleep. I'm hoping this will encourage me go to bed when I feel tired and get a better nights sleep. 


If you are looking for some new workout gear, St Enoch has great range from the affordable range at H&M to the new stylish Lorna James range in Debenhams or be on trend with the latest Ivy Park range in JD sports. There really is something for everyone and don't forgot to swipe your St Enoch Rewards card while shopping to benefit from some fantastic offers.

You can use the St Enoch Rewards card by downloading the app on your smart phone or by picking up a card in the centre. I find the app easier to use as you can keep upto date with latest offers, check participating retailers and to check what level you are at. The reward card offers three levels and the higher the level, the better the rewards. By registering the card you will collect one point which starts you on the bronze level, each time you shop in the participating retailers spending £5 or more you will collect a point. To move on to the silver level you will require three points and a further 25 point to reach the gold level giving you access to  more offers. I'm currently on the silver level which gives me access to offers such as: a 10% discount in Fossil, a sample goodie bag plus a free make over from The Body Shop and a free Benefit make-up lesson in Debenhams.

What are your New Year goals?

*Thanks to St Enoch and The Big Partnership for providing me with a gift card to purchase these items.
 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice and healthy new year resolutions. I wish the best is sports matter.
    I bought new running shoes in hopes I'll run my first half this year)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linsay, I understand you, where I live in pretty rural countryside there is no gym. So I do my workout at home, every day, but I do understand you. I keep my fingers crossed for you and your New Year's resolutions, I am sure that with your determination and ambition you will manage.
    xxx
    chloe
    http://newstyleinfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete