Monday, 2 May 2016

Lifestyle: Five favourite places to shop for interiors


I'm interiors obsessed at the moment, if you hadn't already noticed (just take a look at my Instagram). I'm just loving our new house and still can't believe it's ours. I've been going a bit mad lately buying stuff for the house and have told myself I need to calm it before I bankrupt us. 

When it comes to interiors, I do like my home to be a bit different and not have the same as everyone else (IKEA I'm looking at you).  I try to avoid the obvious places and shop somewhere a bit more individual. My favourite places to shop for interiors are:

On my Travels
I love discovering interior stores in other countries and you can guarantee you are going to end up with the same interiors as every other Tom, Dick and Harry. Recently I've discovered and purchased from Depot in Munich and Pasabahce Magazalari in Istanbul. The only downside is trying to fit it all in your suitcase. I also love to pick up a Christmas decoration on my travels and when decorating my tree it brings back memories of where I've been. 

Charity Shops 
I love charity shop snooping. Mainly for picture frames and vintage plates/dishes. The picture frames I love to up-cycle and vintage plates and dishes I use for tea parties. I know, I'm such a granny but I love afternoon tea. Some of the best charity shops I've come across are, the Chest and Heart Foundation Boutique Stores, and I do remember the charity shops in St Andrews being quite good when I visited.

Shop Local 
There are some lovely interior shops local to me in Glasgow. I recently discovered  Paul Hodgkiss Designs  (in the picture above) and his other shop Bumblebee (which I already knew about) just around the corner on Clarkston Road. The West End of Glasgow, particularly down the wee lanes, is also great for independent shops where you can find something a little bit different. 

Paperchase
I love Paperchase for buying all my crafty stuff so I can up-cycle and make things. The post cards at 75p and washi tape are great way of adding some wall art on a budget. Also the wrapping paper is so pretty I have put into my up-cycled picture frames (see previous post).

TK Maxx/Homesense 
The TK Maxx home depart is my absolute favourite place to shop for interiors. It's so reasonable and they don't have a lot of the same thing so chances of everyone having it in their home is pretty slim. If you ever see anything you like just buy it as it won't be there when you go back (I've made that mistake). We have purchased so many things for the new house from TK Maxx and I love every single thing. Homesense is just a bigger version owned by TK Maxx and unfortunately we only have one in Scotland and it's in Edinburgh. Can we have one in Glasgow please? 



No comments:

Post a Comment