Monday, 23 November 2015

Lifestyle: Napiers Wintertime Tea Blend

We all know that Winter is the time of year we are most likely to catch a nasty bug or cold so it's good to be prepared to help our body fight it off. 

A great way to do this is by taking herbal remedies and Napiers the Herbalists have a great range of natural medicines and supplements including the Wintertime Tea Blend

"A pleasant tasting and stimulating tea to give you a boost when you are slowing down".


The Wintertime Tea Blend is a made from a number of active herbs which include, echinacea, lemon balm, liquorice, sage, nettle, pau d'arco and calendula. Echinacea helps to boost the immune system as it increases the number of white blood cells which fight infections. Lemon balm is know to have a calming effect and encourages a good nights sleep. Liquorice, Calendula and Nettle help inflammations and is often used to sooth sore throats. Sage is powerful antioxidant which can help kill bacteria and pau d''arco is another immune boosting herb.


To ensure the herbs preserve their quality it is sold loose so you will need a tea strainer to serve. I used two teaspoons of the herbal tea in my little tea pot which makes the perfect amount for one person, left to steep for five minutes and poured through a tea strainer. I then added a teaspoon of honey (or you could add lemon) to taste.


I was surprised at how nice the tea actually tasted as I normally find teas that are good for you taste horrible but this was something I could actually enjoy drinking. 

As I do find myself reaching for herbal teas in the Winter and even more so when I feel a cold coming on, it's nice to find a tea I will enjoy drinking rather than screwing up my face with every sip.

So far, I have managed to avoid catching any nasty winter bugs but I can't say for sure whether this is down to drinking the tea or just luck.  However, I do believe that being healthy is all down to the lifestyle you lead and when do catch something (which at times is unavoidable) you will have a lesser strain of it and recover quicker than a person that does not lead such a healthy lifestyle and the herbs found in this tea will help you do just that.

Are you a fan of herbal tea?

*This was sent to me as PR sample.  

Twitter / Bloglovin' / Instagram / Facebook / Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment