Wednesday, 7 October 2015

Travel: Florida

I can't believe that's my holiday to Florida over and done with all ready and I hate to say it but I think that will be my last adventure for 2015. Bring on 2016. 

This year as well as Universal, (which we visited last year) we decided to do all the Disney Parks as I had never been before. First up was The Magic Kingdom.


I was pleased to discover the rides were slightly tamer at The Magic Kingdom as I'm a total wimp when it comes to scary rides! 


I was so excited when I discovered the Swiss Family Robinson tree house as it's one of my all time favourite childhood films. I can't believe my boyfriend has never never seen it so I've told him we are watching it the next lazy Sunday we have. 


The following day we took a road trip to St Augustine, the oldest city in America. It was well worth a visit, the old style buildings were like a real life Disney town. 





A visit to Universal's Islands of Adventure was a must too for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.




On to another Disney park, Epcot. After a day at Epcot I felt like I had traveled the world, definitely my favourite of all the Disney parks.




A chill out day at Daytona beach was called for halfway through the holiday. 



The next day we headed to Downtown Orlando for the Sunday Farmers Market and on the way back to the car I spotted this outdoor yoga class in the park. I so wanted to join in. 



Probably my least favourite of all the parks was Animal Kingdom but I think I was just in a bad mood that day as I got completely soaked on the white water rapids and it ruined my outfit. Yes I know, my own stupid fault, don't go on a water ride and expect not to get wet. 



Another of my favourite parks is Universal Studios and it was great to see the Diagon Alley.
 


The last park of our holiday was Hollywood Studios. 



For more pictures of my trip head over to my Instagram.  

My Top Tips 
  • Compare hotel prices on ebookersTravel Republic and Expedia to find the best rate and don't forget to click via Quidco or Topcashback to claim cashback on your booking as sometimes you can earn as much as £50 back.
  • Sign up to receive email offers before you go. I signed up to Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic and the Premium Outlets and received loads of money off codes which I used to save money on my purchases.
  • Visit Floridatix for your theme park ticket as I found this website the cheapest.
  • Purchase an Eat and Play card (£12 from Floridatix) before you go to receive discounts when eating out and on activities such as crazy golf and the Titanic and CSI experience. 
  • Beware at the car hire desk. They will try to add on extras without asking you so read carefully before you sign anything.
  • Don't waste money on sat nav, just go onto google maps (when connected to wifi of course) and screen shot the directions. We did this and never got lost once as the directions were so clear and Interstates were clearly sign posted.
  •  Visit the Tourist Information as soon as you arrive to pick up discount coupons for shopping, eating and various attractions.
  • Download the Disney app so you can use your Fast Pass. You get three per park and it saves you standing in a massive queue. 
Do you have any Florida Tips?

P.S I picked up some American goodies (Kate Spade, Sephora and Victoria's Secret) for a giveaway coming soon. Make sure you are following via Bloglovin or GFC to enter. 
Twitter / Bloglovin' / Instagram / Facebook / Pinterest

23 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful trip! Great tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love St. Augustine, too bad you didn't get to spend the night in one of the haunted B&B's! Sorry to hear, you had a wet experience at Animal Kingdom, that is one of my fav parks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I live in Florida and love going to Disney and Universal. I went to St. Augustine for the first time last year around Christmas. I had so much fun, the old main street was just the cutest place to walk around. Glad you enjoyed visiting Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had an awesome trip! I went back to St. Augustine this year and remembered why I'd loved it so much as a kid. I'm glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and great tips. Looks fabulous and looks like you had a fabulous time x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Florida - thanks for the tips! 2016 for us too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you have a lovely time and I love your holiday pics, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. My son would love to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow looks like you have a brilliant time, what a lovely looking place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to visit Florida so badly

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks amazing, I haven't been to Florida for a few years now but this had made me want to go back EVEN MORE!! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to go to Florida, especially Wizarding World of Harry Potter! x
    Louise | helloteddy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. We just been there in August and loved it.Yours pics are very nice and I'm sure you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never been to Florida before. It's my dream to go there at some point and go to the Harry Potter park :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks unreal maybe one day i'd go :D fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you had a lovely time! Those are some fantastic pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photographs! I'd love to go there one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great Photographs ... I would love to go back to Florida I went in 1998!!! I bet alot has changed . Thank you for the hints and tips for if I am lucky enough to go back one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Would love to go with the family. Great tips to save money too. We went to Disneyland Paris this year and my kids keep seeing Florida adverts on the TV now

    ReplyDelete
  20. I went 20 years ago and still remember it as a place I loved. I would love to go back. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete