Saturday, 24 January 2015

Staying in is the New Going Out!



I was starting to think I'm getting old and boring but apparently staying in is the new going out. Especially during these winter months I can't think of anything better than getting home from work, taking my make-up off, getting my jammies on and snuggling up on the sofa with a good film and a hot chocolate.  

The thought of going out in the wind, rain and snow with bare legs and high heels and waiting ages for a taxi home is not as appealing during these winter months so unless it's some sort of special occasion you will find me at home in lounging gear watching The Voice on a Saturday night.

Looks like I'm not alone. Michelle Keegan and Abbey Clancy also look like the are fan of staying in with their sweats on. 

Michelle Keegan Instagram "Saturday night chill night"

Abbey Clancy Instagram 

I have even found myself shopping for lounging gear rather than going out gear lately and this is coming from a girl who used to go out 3 nights a week in my early 20s and would shop for new outfit every time! Here are some of my favourite picks:

Loungewear


My 10 favourtie things to do while staying in:

1. Blogging
2. Internet shopping
3. Watching TV/boxsets/films
4. Reading glossy magazines
5. Baking cupcakes
6. Drinking tea/hot chocolates
7. Planning my next holiday
8. Comping
9. DIY Facials
10. Manicures

What do you prefer staying in or going out?

If you like this post please follow me on Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. My favourite thing to do is re-watching episodes of Gossip girl haha! Great post anyway girl!
    www.diamants-au-chocolat.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, you can't beat a bit of Gossip Girl. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You def aren't alone. My Insta feed is full on Fling it off Friday quotes lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love snacking on food while i catch up on shows. you look great in that CK top

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha if only, that's Abbey Clancey. x

      Delete
  5. I am a big fan of staying in when it's cold outside. I'm a huge wimp about the cold. We just got a bunch of snow overnight so it looks like a cozy pajama day is in order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great plan, especially when it's snowy outside. x

      Delete
  6. Lovely choices and yes sometimes going out is too much effort!

    ReplyDelete