Sunday, 21 September 2014

A night with The Scottish Ballet

The past few weeks have been mega busy with blogger events so my apologies for the delay in this post. The week before last, The Scottish Ballet invited me to a night of witches, hysteria and tapas. The purpose of the night was to celebrate the world premiere of their brand new production, The Crucible double billed with Ten Poems. The Crucible based on Arthur Millers award winning play, tells the story of the Salem which trails of 1692. The Ballet also features 10 Dylan Thomas poems brought to life by dance.



The night began at the Glasgow Film Theater where we were treated to a screening of 90s teen film The Craft. Before The Craft we were shown an exclusive behind the scenes film of the making of the Crucible. Afterwards, we headed over to one of my favourite Glasgow venues, Blythswood Square Hotel where we spent the rest of evening sipping cocktails,  nibbling tapas and talking about the production with the lovely ladies (Ann, Christina and Miriam) from The Scottish Ballet. Thank you ladies for a lovely evening.



The Crucible previews in Glasgow on Thursday 25th September, further info and online booking can be found on their website.


3 comments:

  1. So jealous, this sounds like an incredible night to remember. I love the GFT, and the blythswood lol, oh and cocktails! I am so intrigued about their production, I have seen their nutcracker a few years ago at Christmas, It was wonderful. I think I might have to talk my mum into coming to see this with me. Great post beauty xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to see Hansel & Gretal last Christmas and it was amazing!! The Crucible is on 25-27 of September. Hope you get a chance to see it and thanks for your lovely comments. x

      Delete
  2. Wow, it sounded like a wonderful evening all round.

    ReplyDelete