Monday, 31 March 2014

Three Sisters Bake Cookbook Launch

Last Wednesday after a long day at work, I headed along to Waterstones for the launch of the Three Sisters Bake cookbook. As well as launching a cookbook, the three sisters also run the Three Sister's Bake Café and Craft Boutique in a small village just outside Paisley where they prepare and sell soups, salads, cakes and sharing platters from scratch using fresh quality ingredients from local suppliers

Their philosophy is to ‘delight the senses' and the recipes in their cookbook reflect the type of food they serve in the café.

Image courtesy of Palompo PR 

When I had first heard about the Three Sisters Bake I had imagined it was run by three old ladies. I don't know why I had that image in my head so I was pleasantly surprised at the launch to be introduced to three gorgeous young woman Gillian, Nicola and Linsey. The three sisters have had a passion for food from a young age. Their grandparents owned a sweetie shop and their mother was a home economics teacher. In 2011 they opened the café which has grown into a very successful business also catering for weddings and other events. They were then contacted by a London publisher who loved their story and approached the sisters about writing a cookbook which was an opportunity not to be missed.

Image courtesy of Palompo PR 
On the night of the cookbook launch we were treated to bubbly and Three Sisters Bake delights. The food was absolutely delicious. My favourites were the tarts and scones. There is a similar recipe in the book for the tarts which I can't wait to try. 

As I have a love for baking, I couldn't leave without purchasing a cookbook which the sisters were happy to sign. The cookbook is full of delicious recipes that are easy to create at home (well, depending on how good a cook you are). I attempted the banana bread at the weekend which was very successful (if I don't say so myself). I'm also looking forward to a visit to the café very soon. 

Now, time for cup of tea and a slice of banana bread. 



2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great book to add to my collection :) You're banana bread looks really good too.xx

    whimsicalmrsw.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's got some fab recipes and pics are amazing. One of my favourite cookbooks x

      Delete