Thursday, 30 January 2014

St. Enoch Centre’s Late Trading Shopping Challenge

Last night I took part in The St. Enoch Centre’s Late Trading Shopping Challenge along with 2 other bloggers Eilidh and Laura. We were asked to choose from 3 scenarios that would require a mad dash to shops to pick an outfit. The scenarios were: last minute after work drinks date, last minute work event after hours and last minute weekend away.

I decided to go for last minute after work drinks date and with valentines day coming up I used that as my inspiration for my outfit choice. Once we had chosen our scenario, we were given a £75 St Enoch Gift Card and an hour to pick the outfit.


Ready to hit the shops.

My first stop was Debenhams. I figured this would be the best place to start as it has concessions Oasis, Warehouse, Topshop and Miss Selfridge (to name a few). I raced around the shop like a mad woman picking up just about everything I could find. The shop assistant must have thought I was a nutter as I was in and out the changing rooms with about 10 items at time. I have to admit, I thought the challenge was going to be a breeze but 40 minutes into it all I had was a skirt!!! As panic set in, I finally managed to make my mind up and purchased my outfit. Then with 10 minutes to spare and £3 left in the budget, I raced to H&M to spend my last £3 on their make-up range.

As the scenario was an after work date, I wanted to choose something that would be suitable for work and only require a quick change of top and a make up touch up. So I picked a smart pencil skirt with a heart pattern (H! by Henry Holland, £18). A bright cami top (Miss Selfridge, £16) to take my outfit from day to night. A large bag (Oasis, £38) to hold all my essentials required for my outfit change and a red lip tint (H&M £2.99) to add colour to my lips and cheeks. This brought my total outfit to £74.99.




The St. Enoch Centre is open late until 7pm Monday to Friday with free parking between 5-7pm until 14th February.

If you like this post you might like:

St Enoch Centre, 3D Body Scanner

6 comments:

  1. Love the skirt - well done on getting a full outfit, including make up, in under an hour! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was quite a challenge x

      Delete
  2. love your blog! following you!

    www.fashionshores.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the items you picked! I would panic having to shop in an hour! X

    ReplyDelete