Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Life Away the Years

I've never been keen on writing a bad review. However, after speaking to fellow bloggers they made some good points. One said "you would be surprised how many people love reading a bad review" while another said "it can save people money".

I thought both were really good points and I also thought (I'm trying to be positive here) it might help the brand improve the product. Ok, so now I have justified myself I will tell you about the product I found disappointing. (Eek, I already feel guilty).




Lift Away The Years Wand from Crystal Clear has claimed to be "The most exciting anti-wrinkle device to enter the beauty market in decades". I was given this product as a PR sample at an event and was so excited to take it home and try it out. Sadly, when I did try it out, I was really disappointed. The battery operated wand uses vibrations to stimulate the facial muscles, while massaging the Intense Anti Ageing Serum into the skin leaving it younger, firmer and more toned. The result claims to be instant but I couldn't notice a difference at all. I found the serum didn't come out the wand onto skin very well and if I put too much serum in the wand, it oozed out the side when I screwed the lid back on. I tried it several times as I was determined to like it but each time I felt it made no difference to appearance of my skin. I also found the wand wasn't very practical to use at night as it was quite noisy (which disturbed my boyfriend's sleep) and time consuming.

After speaking to fellow bloggers who had also tried this product it was very interesting to hear some of them agreed with me. One of them suggested using the serum without the wand as they found that more effective. I tried this but I didn't like the texture of the serum.

However, this is just my opinion and in a recent study with 30 women, consumers reported a 27% reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and a 45% increase in skin firmness. The product has also received great reviews on their website. Lift Away The Years Wand & 30ml Intense Anti-Ageing Serum costs £59.99.

Have you tried Lift Away The Years?










6 comments:

  1. Great post! I agree with everything! The wand is overpriced and doesn't add anything to the product. I did actually like the serum used on its own too and I liked their peel mask but for me the wand was just a bit gimmicky xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyn, yeah I also thought it was way overpriced and would have been even more disappointed if I ad paid for it. x

      Delete
  2. I tried this out and, like you, was so disappointed. It felt totally pointless. I couldn't believe it when I saw what they were charging!
    xxx
    www.maisymeow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many people I have spoken to have said the same. I just felt the wand did nothing. x

      Delete
  3. I've not tried it out yet, will be giving it a go at the weekend, was expecting great things aswell x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will be interested to know what you think. Let me know. x

      Delete