Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Magazine Beauty Feature

A few months ago I was asked to provide a full page beauty feature in the Autumn/Winter magazine for the St Enoch Centre. As this was such a great opportunity I jumped at the chance.

I was given a budget to purchase the products and wrote a step by step guide on how to re-create the look. I was then provided with a professional photographer to take a before and after photo for the magazine. I have to admit, I was absolutely dreading having my photo taken without my make-up on but the picture wasn't as bad as I expected.

The Products I Used


Chanel CC Cream, £41, Debenhams / Urban Decay Naked Basics Eye Shadow Palette, £20, / Debenhams St Tropez Skin Illuminator, £12,Debenhams / Illamasque Cream Blusher in Devour, £18, Debenhams / Benefit Fake Up Concealer, £18.50, Boots / Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara, £10.99 Boots /L'Oreal Brow Artist in Blonde, £5.99, Boots / Batiste Dry Shampoo, Wild, £2.99 Boots / Extra Virgin Minerals, Loose Powder Foundation in Golden Beige, £15, The Body Shop / Strawberry Eau De Toilette, £8.50, The Body Shop / Clear Flavoured Lip Gloss in mint, £7, The Body Shop

Before and After

Before
 
After
How I Created the Look

Base
For my base, I used Chanel CC Cream.  I applied a small amount using my fingertips to blend in.  I then applied Extra Virgin Minerals, Loose Powder Foundation with a brush to smooth out my complexion.  I concealed my under eye area with Benefit Fake Up Concealer and to finish off, I applied St Tropez Skin Illuminator to my cheekbones for luminous skin.

Eyes
I kept my eyes neutral with the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. Using an eyeshadow brush I applied a light eyeshadow all over the eyelid, up to my eyebrow then a slightly darker shade along the crease and the socket of the eye.  I used an angled brush and the black eyeshadow to draw along the lash line and below my lower lashes.  I finished off my eyes by applying a few coats of Max Factor False Lash Effect, Waterproof Mascara to my lashes.

Brows
To define my brows I used L'Oreal Super Liner Brow Artist. This 3 in 1 pencil can be used in 3 ways. I used the coloured pencil to draw and intensify, the brush to shape the arch and the wax to fix my brow.

Cheeks/Lips
To finish off the look I used Illamasque Cream Blusher in Devour on both my lips and cheeks. I applied a small amount and blended with my fingertips then applied clear lip gloss along my lips for a glossy finish.

Hair
My hair was styled by Regis salon and to add extra volume I sprayed Batiste Dry Shampoo (£2.99 Boots) to my roots and massaged in with my fingertips.


The Magazine Page


A copy of the magazine is free in the St Enoch Centre and it also features a competition to win all the products I picked to create the look.
 
If you like this post you might like:

St Enoch Centre, 3D Body Scanner
 

 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. You look amazing both before and after! I've used bb cream before but never cc cream. Is one better than the other or do they both do different things? X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks. I was dreading the before picture. A CC cream is a colour corrector and is better for your skin as it corrects skin long term and a BB is a blemish balm. In fact check out my post I wrote ages ago. x

    http://misslinnyo.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/cc-creams.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so gorgeous wow!x

    www.shanjones.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a fantastic opportunity, and I love the look you created, you look gorgeous! I am VERY jealous! :) xx

    ReplyDelete