Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Get Beach Beautiful

In a few days I will be jetting of to Greece on a family holiday, leaving the man behind (don't feel sorry for him, he has just started his dream job so can't come).  So last night I attempted to get myself  beach beautiful. Here are my tops tips and what I used:



Remove nail varnish on hands and toes, cut all nails to same size, file into shape and push cuticles down using a cuticle stick. I used Superdrug Nourishing Nail Polish Remover Pads £1.39 which are also really handy for taking away with you.

Run a bath and while waiting, apply a face mask to draw out any toxins. If you do this a few days before any spots the mask draws out will be away by the time you step of the plane. I used Aveda Tourmaline Charged Radiant Masque £29.

Dry body brush before you get in the bath. This will help release toxins and stimulate blood flow which will reduce cellulite. Start at the feet and work upwards using long, slow strokes. I have had my body brush for so long I can't remember where I got it but you can purchase one from Superdrug for £3.99.

Do a full body exfoliation in the bath before you shave. To boost its effectiveness use exfoliating gloves with your body scrub and rub in circular motions. This will remove dead skin cells to allow for a better shave. I used Palmers Coco Butter Body Scrub, £2.99 from Savers and Superdrug exfoliating gloves, £2.49.

Defuzz in the bath as the steam will help to open pores, again giving you a better shave, resulting in smoother legs for longer. I use nothing other than Gilllet. I love the Venus razors, £5.99 and Satin Care shaving foam with Shea butter, £2.99.

Rinse off in the shower with a moisturising body wash. I used Aveda, Caribbean Therapy, £19 as the smell reminds me of holidays. I wouldn't normally spend this much on a body wash but treated myself to this for my birthday.

Don't forget about your feet. Make sure you get rid of any rough skin before you get your feet in flip flops. I used Soap and Glory, Shea butter, hand scrub to make sure my feet are nice and smooth. I don't know if Soap and Glory still sell this as I didn't see on the Boots website. I must have got mine in gift set a while ago.

Once out the bath moisturise your full body in preparation for your fake tan. I used Clarins Moisture Rich Body Lotion as it moisturisers and firms. This was part of a set but a full size costs £30.

Once your moisturiser has dried apply fake tan. A bit of fake tan can help you look healthier, slimmer and cover up bruises, scars, and cellulite. I used latex gloves to rub in and to stop my hands from staining. Make sure you throughly rub in, concentrating more on dry patches such as elows, knees and ankles. I find it best to apply tan at night so it has time to develop overnight and then wash off in the morning. I normally use St Tropez tan but last night I used Rodial Brazilian tan in light. I got this free in last months Elle magazine and I have to say I was very pleased with the results this morning. A 150ml bottle costs £17.50 on their website. 

Finish off  by painting your nails.  I used Essie, Off The Shoulder on my toes and Leighton and Denny, Starkers/One For All  on my hands. Essie normally retails at £7.99 but Fragrance Direct sells it for £1.99. Bargain!!! The Leighton Denny was another magazine freebie but retails at £11.

What are your favourite products for getting beach beautiful?





6 comments:

  1. Hey Lovely! I just stopped by to say Hi and to let you know I'm following your blog via Bloglovin now! Mind following my Blog too? <3 ♥♥ Click here to follow my Blog on Bloglovin ♥♥ | http://www.theinsideoutbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heidi

      Now following you on bloglovin. Thanks following and commenting. x

      Delete
  2. Now I want to go on holiday! Haha! Fab post!

    http://abitofmacandcheese.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah it sure does get you in the holiday mood. x

      Delete
  3. Great product choice! Might give the face mask a try xx

    Kayleighsbeautyfix.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mask is great, especially when I am tired. It's just brightens up my skin. I love Aveda products. x

      Delete